Saturday, April 16, 2011
Mountain Goats
This morning I took Abby and Lina to the Utah Division of Wildlife's annual "Mountain Goat Watch" at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Abby and I went to it last year and had a good time, so we decided to try it again this year. Diana had to work today, so it was just me and the girls. Last year, Abby could never really see the goats, but this year she was a little pro with my spotting scope. Lina was a different story, but they always have other things there to keep the kids entertained. In the short time we were there, I counted over 20 different goats, some of which were close enough to see with the naked eye. I doubt there are very many places on earth where you can be five minutes from the edge of a large city, step out of your car, and see that many mountain goats. It's pretty amazing to watch how easily they navigate cliffs few humans would dare to set foot on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You always make me so jealous with your posts (I miss Utah!)
Your girl are really cute!
I've been waiting for you to post about your new band, but I guess mountain goats will do. :) I think that's awesome though (about the band). Congrats to you! Oh, and cute family pictures too.
Post a Comment