I know most of you have already heard this story so I'll try to keep it short. A few months ago I was hired by a couple to design their new home in Grantsville. Come to find out, the husband plays in a band who just happened to need a bass player at the time. I've always wanted to get back in a band someday, so when they invited me out for an informal audition I jumped at the chance. We played for four hours that night and they invited me back the next week. By the end of the second practice, they invited me to join the band permanently. And that was all I needed to hear.
These guys write all their own songs, have their own website (http://www.kindlecreek.com), and have already released their first album (which is available on iTunes or you can listen to it on "The Music" section of the website). They also made a music video to enter in the Stadium of Fire Talent Search:
Based on this video, we've already made the top 25 (out of nearly 500 entries). We have a live audition at 6:00 PM this Friday, May 13th at the Mountain View High School auditorium. The top 10 will play again the following night at 7:00 PM. And the top three will get to open for David Archuleta and Brad Paisley at the Stadium of Fire on July 2nd. So if anyone is going to be in Utah County this weekend, stop by and cheer for us.
*UPDATE I*
We made the Top 10! Everyone come see us tonight (May 14th) at 7:00 PM at the Mountain View High School auditorium on Center Street in Orem. Along with the Top 10, there will also be several celebrity guest performances. Should be a good time.
*UPDATE II*
Well, after months of practice, we gave it everything we had on stage last night. But we didn't make the Top Three. Still, we met a lot of new people, shared the stage with some very talented musicians, and most importantly, had a great time. It was a huge learning experience for all of us and made us a much better band going into our summer lineup. Check out our website (http://www.kindlecreek.com/) for a list of upcoming shows.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow!!! That is awesome. I had no idea you were in a band. We watched the video and you guys are really good!!! I can't wait to see where you end up. Good luck!
Post a Comment