Sunday, July 20, 2008

Arachnophobia

WARNING: If you don't like spiders, you might not want to read this.

About an hour ago I was laying on the couch watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something fall and heard a fairly loud THUD as it hit the couch about 2 inches from my head. At first I thought Diana had thrown something at me, but then it moved. I literally screamed like a little girl as I came flying up off the couch. Sure enough it was a huge spider that had dropped from the light fixture above my head. Fortunately, I have a lot of experience in capturing, torturing, and flushing large spiders down the toilet (just a few of the many skills that come from living in a basement apartment).


Update: Diana killed ANOTHER huge spider the very next day (see picture below). We're pretty sure it's the same kind as the one that tried to parachute onto my face. And yes, we're going to have our whole apartment sprayed as soon as we get back from Enterprise.

4 comments:

Shemri and Gang said...

Mikey...screamin like a girl! I would have love to seen it! Did Diana have to throw it away for you? Excited to see you guys this week!

Cory and Monika said...

That is so gross. That is the biggest spider I have seen in a house. I am glad you won the battle!!

Hunterclan said...

Biggest spider I've ever seen! I am wondering if it's a hobo?

Angie said...

Sick and wrong! I can't believe you posted pictures of spiders. Ew! I have goose bumps all over!