Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Deer Hunt

Diana, Abby, and I spent all of last weekend in Enterprise for the deer hunt. We took a lot of pictures, so I broke it down into a non-hunting slide show.....

And a hunting slide show.....

We hunted on Flattop opening morning and saw quite a few deer, but no bucks. So we went down to the farm and found several smaller bucks and one nice little four-point. After several failed attempts on the four-point, I decided to take this little two-point Monday morning. We found him just before sunrise in the sage brush near one of our fields and the shot was just too good to pass up. With Rand and Colten's help, we had him gutted, skinned, quartered, and on ice by noon (thanks guys). Then that afternoon, we all went over to Rick Webber's house, where he let us use his shop and showed us how to make pens out of the horns. In just a few hours, we all ended up with a pretty cool souvenir.

I pulled a few pictures out of the slide show so you can enlarge them:

Ask Abby and she'll tell you I shot a "BIG elk".

What he SHOULD'VE looked like (with a little help from Photoshop).

These are the pens we made from the horns.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

That photo of you holding the tree branches up to your deer is one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen!! I love it! I also love the one you used photoshop on. Looks like you had a blast.

Angie said...

Ok, I really wish I hadn't watched the slide show from the deer hunt! Poor little guy. The pens look awesome though and are a great idea.

Karen said...

A small deer is better than no deer at all right? I love the pictures! (Well, except for the gross ones...) :)