Saturday, December 13, 2008

Accessibility Studio

I realize that my school stuff is boring to a lot of people and I don't blame you. But for those of you who are interested.... I just finished a really interesting studio on accessibility. The goal of the class was to design affordable, speculative housing that could be easily adapted for people with disabilities (something that doesn't exist in today's housing market). We worked closely with Ivory Homes (one of Utah's largest homebuilders) and three families with various levels of disability. Below are my presentation boards from the three major phases of the project. The first two were done in groups of three. The third is my individual final.Also, for my Professional Practice class, we had to do a 3D career plan. Mine is in the form of a house because that is the type of building I am most interested in. The wooden blocks represent how young I was when I first realized I wanted to be an architect. The first floor represents the first phase of my career - internship and licensing. The second floor represents the next phase - licensed, but working for someone else. And the top floor represents the final phase - principal architect of my own small design firm.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

You are so talented! You definitely chose the right career path for you. You did a great job.

Paul, ShaRee & Kids said...

Man it just kills me that you got the creative gene's! Those are awesome. I love the wood block house. Where do you come up with this stuff?? :)