
Apparently it all stems from an incident over a year ago in which I (along with thousands of other Utah fans) simultaneously poured beer on his wife while he was busy turning the ball over six times. I don't actually remember this happening. But apparently just by being a Utah fan, I was somehow involved.
For those of you who haven't already heard, the "great" Max Hall ran his mouth off after last night's overtime win about the entire Utah organization and institution (not just players and fans). He took the spotlight off a great team victory and turned it on himself.The ironic part of the whole thing is that it came after what was statistically one of the worst games of his career. Even the winning play had little to do with him (it was a combination of poor tackling and a great open field move by their tight end).
And to top it all off, news cameras got a nice close-up of him saying the F-word on national TV. Now the guy can say whatever he wants, but I would've expected a little more from the face of an "LDS" football team. If I was a BYU fan I'd be embarrassed.
I admit there are some really annoying Utah fans, but I've been around the rivalry long enough to know that it goes both ways. There are always a few obnoxious fans on both sides who give the rest a bad name.
So as a Utah fan, it was tough to watch as BYU pulled off yet another last-second victory. But Rand and I still had a great time and sat by some really cool BYU fans.
As far as Max Hall goes, I (along with many BYU fans) am just glad to see him go.
3 comments:
Amen brother. Nicely put and we agree.
yeah I can't believe Max Hall ran his mouth like that. What's funny is he was saying how Utah fans have no class and blah blah blah, but by running his mouth like that we all lost any respect we had for him and it shows that he doesn't have any class himself. Way to go Maxy!
Yeah, as a BYU fan I hate you too!!! Actually, I am glad he is gone. Never really liked him; can't win the big game and likes the other teams too much. Again, I hate you and your school, which is also my school...wait a minute.
Post a Comment